The training seminars are held twice a year and deliver topics on a rotational basis. Trainees are required to attend all scheduled training seminars occurring while they are undertaking the Surgical Education and Training Program.
The SET Program training requirements include as a minimum successful completion of:
- Two training seminars during Basic Training; and
- Six training seminars during Intermediate Training.
A training seminar will not be recognised as a completed training requirement if the trainee:
- does not attend the training seminar or part thereof without leave being granted; or
- does not present at the training seminar if requested or given the opportunity; or
- does not submit the presentation and/or abstract by the due date; or
- attendance at the training seminar was deemed unsatisfactory by the Board Chair or nominee.
Download the Training Program Regulations here
First Training Seminar for 2021 - Functional Neurosurgery
The first training seminar for 2021 will be on Functional Neurosurgery and will be held by webinar across three sessions as follows:
- Epilepsy webinar: Friday, 12 March from 10am ADET to 3pm AEDT
- Functional webinar: Friday, 21 May from 9am AEST to 2pm AEST
- Pain webinar: Friday, 9 July from 9am AEST to 2pm AEST
The program for each webinar and further details will be emailed to trainees approximately one moth prior to the scheduled date.
Second Training Seminar for 2021 - Paediatric Neurosurgery
The second training seminar for 2021 will be on Paediatric Neurosurgery and has been provisionally scheduled for the Gold Coast from 20 to 22 October 2021 inclusive however this is subject to ongoing monitoring of COVID-19 disruptions. As such, we ask that trainees do not make travel plans at this time as the date, venue and format is subject to change.